The Fishing Vessel
Enjoy the comfort of a 2802 Bayliner Trophy with 225 hp twin Mercury Verado engines, a superb salmon fishing vessel. The engines are very quiet and virtually smoke free allowing you to enjoy your fishing experience even more.The spacious fishing platform has a 9'9" beam allowing plenty of room to fight your fish. As well, handling the bigger seas with ease. The engines are maintained and serviced every 100 hours. The Vessel is Transport Canada (Coast Guard) certified with annual inspections. All of the safety gear is top of line. The boat is equipped with Lowrance Hook 7 GPS and fishfinder with updated charts,Ritchie Compass, Radar,fire extinguishers, Life ring buoy with heaving line, hydrostatic inflating PFD's, SOLAS PFD's, EPIRB (Emergency Position-Indicating radiobeacon), 5 different styles of Flares, 2 VHF radios & 1 hand held VHF.
Our boat is a great salmon fishing machine partially due to the quiet reliable motors. Starfish Charters travels to where the fish are and also enjoys exploring new areas to fish. Which leaves many people very satisfied with their days catch.
Our Fishing gear on-board consists of :
- Scotty Electric Downriggers w/ 12-15 # cannon balls
- Salmon gear-Islander MR 3 single action reels combined with Shimano Convergence 10'6" mooching rods
- Halibut & Ling Cod gear- Accurate lightweight reels and 6'6" lightweight Shimano Trevala rods with 80# Braid.
- All tackle and bait (anchovies & Herring) are included
Captain qualifications :
- MED A 3 ( Marine Emergency Duties)
- Marine First Aid
- SVOP ( Small Vessel Operator Proficiency)
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- ROC (Restricted Operators Card)