Two Fishing Vessels - Built for Salmon, Halibut and Red Snapper Fishing Charters
The Starfisher :
Enjoy the comfort of a 32 ft. aluminum cruiser, a superb salmon fishing vessel. The 10' x 12' level deck leads into an 8' x 8' cabin with toilet. We're equipped with Furuno radar, Lowrance colour plotter/sonar combo, 2 VHF/DSC radiotelephones, Ritchie compass and up-to-date charts. In addition, we now have a Furuno sonar coupled to a solid state computer running Maxsea 3-D bathymetric chart generator (a must see).
The Starfisher, a great salmon fishing machine, has an Iveco 400hp diesel under the hood. Safety measures include a fire suppression system in the engine room, a life raft and zodiac inflatable boat. Fully coastguard safety certified.
Our gear onboard consists of :
- Scotty Electric Downriggers
- Two Electric Deepsea Reels (for the weary)
- Shimano 4000GT single action reels on 10' 6" graphite rods.
- Penn 330GT2 halibut reels on ugly stix for the Halibut
Captain qualifications :
- 60 tonne limited masters certification for passenger vessels
- Advanced level first aid
- Canadian watch keeping mate certification
- Open water scuba diving certification
The Ocean Star :
The "Ocean Star" is every bit the same as the "Starfisher" but having a cruise speed of 32 knots. We'll be able to accommodate fishing charter groups of as many as 14 between the two fishing boats, And the "Ocean Star" will be guided by David's son Richard.